Fascia mount cable railing posts are a popular choice for adding a sleek and modern touch to a deck or balcony while also providing safety and support. These posts are mounted to the fascia board of the structure, rather than the deck or balcony itself, which allows for a clean and unobstructed view. Installing fascia mount cable railing posts can be a DIY project, but it is important to carefully follow the instructions and use the proper tools and materials to ensure a safe and secure installation.
Here is a step-by-step guide to installing fascia mount cable railing posts:
- Measure and mark the location of the posts: Measure the distance between the posts and mark the locations on the fascia board where the posts will be installed. It is important to ensure that the posts are evenly spaced and properly aligned to provide adequate support for the cables.
- Cut and drill the fascia board: Using a circular saw, carefully cut out a rectangular opening in the fascia board at each marked location. Then, using a drill and a hole saw, drill a hole through the center of the rectangular opening. The hole should be large enough to accommodate the cable railing post.
- Install the post base: Slide the post base over the cable railing post and secure it in place using the mounting screws provided. The post base should be positioned so that the top of the post is flush with the top of the fascia board.
- Install the cable railing post: Place the cable railing post through the hole in the fascia board and secure it in place using the mounting screws provided. The post should be level and plumb, and the mounting screws should be tightened to ensure a secure connection.
- Attach the cables: Using a cable tensioning tool, attach the cables to the cable railing post using the mounting hardware provided. The cables should be evenly spaced and tightened to the appropriate tension to provide a secure and safe railing.
- Install the top rail: Once the cables are installed, attach the top rail to the cable railing post using the mounting hardware provided. The top rail should be level and parallel to the cables to provide a safe and secure handrail.
- Test the installation: Once the installation is complete, it is important to test the stability and strength of the cable railing system. Gently shake the top rail to ensure that it is securely attached and that the cables are properly tensioned.
By following these steps, you can successfully install a fascia mount cable railing post and add a modern and safe touch to your deck or balcony. It is important to carefully read and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and use the proper tools and materials to ensure a safe and secure installation.